Join us for one of our, fun, informative low tide rocky shore walks at Chaka's Rock Beach, one of our favourite spots for finding cool critters.
We have decided to add some morning, sunrise walks to our usual evening walk schedule, the mornings are such a brilliant time of the day to be on the beach, especially for seeing see dolphins and cool wildlife in the rock pools. The following slots are available
- 22 April morning from 5:00-7:00am
- 22 April evening from 6:30-8:30pm
- 23 April morning from 6:00-8:00am
- 23 April evening from 6:30-8:30pm
What to expect?
The walk is more of a gentle / casual stroll along the Rocky Shore exploring life in the rock pools. It is not overly strenuous in any way (although the rocks can be dangerously slippery sometimes if you're not firm footed) we hope to see creatures such as octopus, colourful sea slugs, strange shrimp and crabs as well as a range of other more usual animals you do not normally get to see during the heat of the day. We will also have some UV lights with us (for the night walks), allowing you to see the incredible world of coral and zoanthids glowing under UV light.
We have had to restricted numbers to a maximum of 15 people to each walk ensure everyone gets a GREAT experience and gets to interact with us.
Bring the family, enjoy being on the beach at sunrise or after dark, you see a totally different side of our coastline. Guaranteed to be fun and extremely informative
Meet at Cafe Salt, Ocean Drive, Chaka's Rock Shaka's Rock (Chaka's Rock)
What to bring?
- Good walking shoes that you don't mind getting wet (sandals and flip flops can be very slippery if you do not have a firm footing)
- Walking stick (to help avoid slipping on slippery rocks)
- A good torch - well worthwhile having a good torch, last time some folks were using cell phone torches and similar small lights.....it really is worthwhile to have something bright, your experience will be a whole lot better with it. (for night walk options)
R100 per person